Our Book Shelf For Recently Read Books
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
The Very Hungry Caterpillar!
We have enjoyed reading the story,"The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle. In the story we made lots of connections with the caterpillar. Some of the children made a self to text connection because they also get a stomach ache when they eat to much too! During our Writing Workshop time we focused on becoming illustrators like Eric Carle. The children illustrated their own book. I loved watching the children talk about the story while creating their own colorful pages in their 1st book! Later during our Reading Workshop time we partner read with a friend! When we read with a partner we sit close, turn the pages carefully, read the story to each other and make observations about what we notice. Sometimes we make connections too!
I hope you enjoy the photographs and the slide show of your amazing children!
- ► 2012 (50)
- Learning About Kinesphere with Mrs. Macnee's Child...
- Creating and Designing The Life Cycle of a Monarch...
- A New Morning Greeting!
- A School Wide Celebration!
- Mrs. Beele Visits Kindergarten!
- Exploration Time!
- Math Workshop!
- Writer's Workshop!
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar!
- Math Workshop In Kindergarten!
- iPads In Kindergarten!
- How We Make A Difference For The World!
- ▼ September (13)
- ► 2010 (125)
- ► 2009 (237)