Our Book Shelf For Recently Read Books
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
The Food Shelf During Exploration Time!
One of the things I love about Kindergarten is how enthusiastic and engaged the children are when they have opportunities to make choices about their learning and create their own expectations and guidelines for learning. We are involved in a community class project which involves the food shelf. The children and their families are donating food for the food shelf in Williston. So far we have read information about what a food shelf is, it's importance and the difference that it makes for others in our community. The children have been very involved with this project. During their exploration time they decided to set up a food shelf. It was wonderful to watch and listen to how they planned to feed as many people as they could and how important it was to let anyone come and eat anytime their tummies were hungry!
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (50)
- ► 2011 (76)
- ► 2010 (125)
- The Harvest Parade!
- The Town Librarian Visits Kindergarten!
- Number Corner in Kindergarten!
- Reading Buddies!
- Kindergarten Life Cycle Open House!
- Mathematical Problem Solvinig In Kindergarten!
- Puzzles, Puzzles, Puzzles!
- Pictures From Our Visit From The Town Librarian!
- Listen To How To Get Your Own Library Card!
- An Activity Station Is Created During Exploration ...
- The Food Shelf During Exploration Time!
- The Land of Pumpkins!
- Land Of Pumpkins!
- Reader's Workshop!
- A Guest Reader!
- More About Fire Safety!
- Creating A Forest!
- Echo Time In Kindergarten!
- Welcome To Kindergarten!
- The Williston Fire Station!
- Working Independently!
- The Consonant Game!
- Making A Chrysalis!
- ▼ October (23)