Thursday, January 7, 2010
Guided Reading In Kindergarten!
This week we have started our Guided Reading Groups. Guided Reading is an opportunity to read a story together and talk about what children notice about the story. Some of the things we do in our Guided Reading Groups are; make predictions, talk about vocabulary, make connections about what we see and hear in the story. Guided Reading time is a wonderful time to invite children to explore a text and look closely at it's features as well. Some texts have lots of repetition and children can recognize a pattern. Listen to the video clip for what this looks like and sounds like.
- ► 2017 (69)
- ► 2016 (76)
- ► 2015 (65)
- ► 2014 (59)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (50)
- ► 2011 (76)
- Voicethreads Created By Creative Kindergarten Chil...
- More Voicethreads!
- Voice Threads of Work Inspired By Tomie dePaola
- A Tomie dePaola Celebration!
- Exploration Time In Kindergarten!
- Bridges Math Stations!
- Writer's Workshop!
- A New Face In Kindergarten!
- Dictation Booklets!
- Wow! Great Writing and Illustrating!
- Pancakes For Breakfast
- The Baby Sister!
- Illustrating Our Favorite Part of Big Anthony and ...
- Tomie dePaola Interview!
- Making Authentic Text To Text Connections!
- Guided Reading In Kindergarten!
- LeapFrog Tag Reading Comes To Kindergarten!
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2009 (237)