Sunday, January 10, 2010
Making Authentic Text To Text Connections!
We are currently doing an author study about a great children's author, Tomie dePaola. The children began sharing connections they had about many of the characters that we read about in a few of Tomie dePaola's books. One of the connections made was how in both stories, Strega Nona and Strega Nona's Magic Lessons was that Anthony, one of the main characters in both stories got himself into trouble because he was being sneaky. The children then went on to share that also in both stories Strega Nona saves the day, but helps Anthony learn an important lesson about being honest.
- ► 2017 (69)
- ► 2016 (76)
- ► 2015 (65)
- ► 2014 (59)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (50)
- ► 2011 (76)
- Voicethreads Created By Creative Kindergarten Chil...
- More Voicethreads!
- Voice Threads of Work Inspired By Tomie dePaola
- A Tomie dePaola Celebration!
- Exploration Time In Kindergarten!
- Bridges Math Stations!
- Writer's Workshop!
- A New Face In Kindergarten!
- Dictation Booklets!
- Wow! Great Writing and Illustrating!
- Pancakes For Breakfast
- The Baby Sister!
- Illustrating Our Favorite Part of Big Anthony and ...
- Tomie dePaola Interview!
- Making Authentic Text To Text Connections!
- Guided Reading In Kindergarten!
- LeapFrog Tag Reading Comes To Kindergarten!
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2009 (237)