Tuesday, January 26, 2010
We are finishing up our author study about Tomie dePaola. The children have learned many new features about his books. During our writing time each day the children write about personal experiences, interests, ideas about stories they have heard and other things. Today I am sharing a few pieces of student work to show you what we have been working on. In all 3 pieces of writing you will notice how each child has detailed pictures and or words, along with inventive writing about what they wanted to write. The children are learning how to leave spaces between their words as well as to sound out the words they want to write and write the sounds that they hear to form words. Wow! Wonderful writing!
- ► 2016 (76)
- ► 2015 (65)
- ► 2014 (59)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (50)
- ► 2011 (76)
- Voicethreads Created By Creative Kindergarten Chil...
- More Voicethreads!
- Voice Threads of Work Inspired By Tomie dePaola
- A Tomie dePaola Celebration!
- Exploration Time In Kindergarten!
- Bridges Math Stations!
- Writer's Workshop!
- A New Face In Kindergarten!
- Dictation Booklets!
- Wow! Great Writing and Illustrating!
- Pancakes For Breakfast
- The Baby Sister!
- Illustrating Our Favorite Part of Big Anthony and ...
- Tomie dePaola Interview!
- Making Authentic Text To Text Connections!
- Guided Reading In Kindergarten!
- LeapFrog Tag Reading Comes To Kindergarten!
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2009 (237)