Thursday, March 4, 2010
How We Made A Difference!
This morning the children counted 200 books that our classroom collected to support Read Across America! The books we collected will be donated to local organizations to help provide more books in homes for children.
We collected over 200 books! The children sorted the books into groups of 5! We counted by 5's to come up with our total. Great example of how oral counting can be used to solve a group problem!
Ms. Lauren worked with a small group of children this morning and wrote a piece of writing about our efforts for the Blue and Gold Newspaper. Great Job Everyone!
- ► 2017 (68)
- ► 2016 (76)
- ► 2015 (65)
- ► 2014 (59)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (50)
- ► 2011 (76)
- Music, Dance and Movement In Kindergarten!
- Counting By 10's!
- Poetry In Kindergarten!
- Ms. Sumner Visits Kindergarten With Pumsy!
- All About Birds!
- A Quilt of Birds!
- Problem Solving With Baby Chicks!
- Wow! Look What Happened With Our Tag Readers!
- Creating Birds With Cool Technology Programs
- What Do You Do With A Counting Rope?
- Math Stations!
- Creating Birds Using Pattern Block Shapes!
- Writer's Workshop! "All About" Bird Books!
- Birds! Birds! Birds!
- How We Made A Difference!
- Counting Ropes!
- Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
- ▼ March (18)
- ► 2009 (237)